Welcome to Hunter’s Moon Labradors
“Breeders of Outstanding Hunting Partners and Beloved Family Companions”
1. We engage in ongoing education in all aspects of breeding and raising field type Labrador puppies
2. We start with quality breeding stock
a. Dogs with quality pedigrees, with an emphasis on field stock
b. Parents of our dogs have good or excellent hips, normal elbows, clear CERF exams, and are clear for CNM and EIC, either by test or by parentage. Our breeding stock will, likewise, have a minimum of good or excellent hips, normal elbows, a clear CERF exam, and be genetically clear of CNM and EIC. We commit to adding health tests as research and breed recommendations change.
3. We believe in raising puppies in a nurturing family environment with attention to providing appropriate ongoing socialization experiences with an emphasis on raising puppies who will go on to become excellent hunting and athletic partners in the field as well as well-behaved, loving companions in the home. Our dogs live in a home environment where they receive considerable attention and affection and are treated as members of our family.
4. We are committed to providing the best nutrition we possibly can to both breeding stock as well as growing puppies. Hunter’s Moon Labradors is very interested in learning as much as we can about canine nutrition and its relationship to health, disease, and canine longevity. We engage in ongoing research on different aspects of canine nutrition and pay close attention to changing nutritional information and events such as food recalls.
5. We are committed to engaging in ongoing training activities and working towards hunt tests and other titles (CGC, Therapy) for our dogs to demonstrate our dog’s quality as well as for the wellbeing of our dogs.
6. We screen potential owners for suitability, commitment, and ability to care for their new puppy. We prefer that potential owners have previous experience with having a dog and can demonstrate an adequate working knowledge of dog care. We believe that dogs should have a “job” or activities that keep them happy and engaged in life with their families. Our strong preference is for our puppies to go to homes where they be participating natural in athletic activities suited to their abilities, such as hunting, obedience work, therapy work, service dog work, dock diving, agility and similar activities.
7. We are committed to providing a 25 month health guarantee and lifelong owners’ support for newly purchased puppies.